Who needs an office job
I earn my keep outdoors
Let the music play on
Lady Gaga’s bad romance
I’ve seen this guy a couple of times. He dances to modern popular music streaming out of the tape recorder behind him, and he is so energetic he can put some younger people I know to shame. He looks happy and satisfied doing his own thing. And he’s getting his exercise too!
We know exercise delays dementia and improves brain function. Get all the exercise you can and at the very least, avoid sitting still for hours at a time.
5 Facts about Busking in Singapore:
1. It was illegal for 3 years until 1997. And then busking was permitted, but under strict conditions.
2. You need a “Letter of Endorsement” in order to busk. (You can see the busker above has laminated his).
3. You have to be a citizen, permanent resident or work permit holder.
4. You have to pass an audition. Auditions are held every 3 months.
5. How to apply for a Letter of Endorsement: http://www.nac.gov.sg/grants-initiatives/schemes/special-schemes/busking-scheme
Although it has been 15 years since the busking scheme was set up, there is no liberalisation of the rules because some buskers feared doing away with applications would “lower the quality of performances” – 19 Feb 2012: news article. Some even suggested bringing in “overseas professional buskers to enliven the busking scene and lift standards”.
I say liberalise! Variety is the spice of life!